IN ESTONIA WITH FRIENDS! Exciting places in Eastern Estonia
There are many sites in East Viru County that can only be found there. Avinurme Barrel Fair and Lohusuu Fish Fair are well known all over Estonia. East Viru County is a versatile but also a controversial county.
- Price 350 € / person / in a twin room travelling between 17.01.–20.06.2019 and 25.08.–30.12.2019
- Price 375 € / person / in a twin room travelling between 21.06.–24.08.2019
- Price calculated for a group of 10 people travelling between 01.03.–01.09.2019
- Additional fee 90 € / person / single room
- accommodation (2 nights) in a twin room in Meresuu Spa Hotel with breakfast in Narva-Jõesuu
- entrance fees and tour guide services according to the programme
- 1x coffee break, 1x soup lunch, 2x dinner
- services of a Finnish tour guide throughout the journey (3 days)
- bus services in Estonia for 3 days
Purtse – Kohtla-Nõmme – Toila-Oru – Ontika – Narva – Sillamäe
Day 1 (210 km)
Arrival in Tallinn where we will take a bus to East Viru County. The first stop is in the bright white Purtse Castle with a red roof where we will have a short excursion and coffee break. Purtse Castle was built in mid-16th century. The two-metre walls allow a powerful echo.
From Purtse, we will continue to the Estonian industrial region, East Viru County. There are oil shale mines and huge ash hills but also extraordinary nature. Accommodation in Meresuu Spa Hotel in Narva-Jõesuu. Dinner at the hotel restaurant.
Day 2 (160 km)
After breakfast, we will go to Kuremäe Pühtitsa Convent established in late 19th century and attracting both pilgrims and tourists. Soup for lunch at Kuremäe.
Next we will go to Kukruse Manor – the world’s first polar manor located in the home village of world-renowned polar explorer Eduard von Toll. From Kukruse, we will continue to Narva-Jõesuu.
On the road, we will go to the lovely Toila-Oru Park (70 ha). The palace built by tradesman Yeliseyev from St Petersburg later became the summer residence of the first President of Estonia Konstantin Päts and it was destroyed in the last war.
Day 3 (235 km)
Breakfast at the hotel. Before noon we will start our journey to the border town Narva. The excursion will take us to the Hermann Castle and historic town centre. Hermann Castle allows wonderful views of the town and also Russia.
After the tour, we will drive back to Tallinn. We will make a stop in the town of Sillamäe. Soup for lunch on our way. Some free time in Tallinn. A ship back to Helsinki.
Enquiries and booking: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack